Every child in Reception, year 1 and year 2 will receive a free school meal.
If you are a parent in receipt of any of the benefits listed below then your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals. It’s quick and simple to apply online via Together for Children’s online Family Portal.
Please apply if you get any of the qualifying benefits below as we can get extra funding for your child if you do.
If you aren’t sure if you are eligible, please contact one of the Together for children team on 0191 561 1417.
You can also email them on email@example.com
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit buy cheap xanax pills (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date.
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- attending a school nursery
- in full-time education